Sunday, August 16, 2015

8 - Week for SoCSIT

Last month, our school, Asia Pacific College, celebrated a week for the SoCSIT students. They used this to welcome all the freshmen in the SoCSIT. There were a lot of events that they made for us. It was a fun week, especially for the freshmen. We got to experience different kind of events. Let me tell you what I experienced in the SoCSIT week.

Tuesday:

Every section in the SoCSIT had to make a banner that represents them. To make it harder, the them was a "Throwback". Our section decided to base our banner in the style of Windows 95, which is really old looking OS. Then all the section had to line-up in the parking lot so that seniors, along with the professors, could judge the section with the best banner. Before giving the results, they asked us to walk around the parking lot, just like a parade. After all those happened, I never really knew who won because I just left after the "parade" and went to my next class. Even though, it was still a lot of fun.

Wednesday:

Before the SoCSIT week, there was this announcement in a group I joined that there will be a " 30 Seconds of Fame or Shame" event that will be held in Wednesday. They also included what the prize will be for the best performance. The instructions was to perform any act you want in the stage and must be under 30 seconds. You can perform either solo or by group. Knowing that I'm a timid person, I immediately looked for a group to join. We were a five man group and we decided that we will dance. Each of us will perform a dance move that has been famous through the years. Luckily, I picked the "Nae nae" dance, which is more easier for me. So we performed, while bearing the truth that we can't dance well. It turned out to be that we were judged as "Fame"' I believed that it was pure luck that we got the good result. Seeing my classmates perform, along with other students, was really entertaining.

The LoL Tournament:

You might ask, " But sir Tommy, why isn't the subtitle a day?" Let me explain.There was an
announcement in the organization I joined that there will be a LoL tournament. I didn't care about the tournament. I'd rather do all the requirements I need to pass for next week. But then, this friend of mine asked me if I wanted to join their team. I declined his offer. You know what shocked me? This friend of mine already registered me in his team before asking my approval. I didn't have any choice but to play in this tournament. So the tournament went on and on and on. We got through the finals. I never thought we could make it. It was destiny. The only thing blocking that destiny is that our next opponent is the representative of our school. I know that they we're all great players, but at the end, we manage to beat them. It was luck itself that we won the tournament. After the tournament, I vowed that I would never compete in a LoL tournament again. It wasted a lot of my time. I just let this one go, because of that certain someone. I'm glad it ended well.

The only thing I can say is that, I would love to have another go in the SoCSIT week. It was so much fun. Glad I chose to be a student in the SoCSIT.

1 comment:

  1. Amusing writing style Mr LU. For best support you have my vote. Remember that time you played as laggy Alistar and gave me a score of 20-0?

    ReplyDelete