Friday, August 21, 2015

12 - SoCSIT All English Term



When I enrolled to APC as a Computer Science student, my expectations was that I will only study  a lot of math and computer stuff. I received my schedule for the first term. I got confused. "Why is it all English subjects?", I asked myself. My schedule consists of: Public speaking classes, Technical and Expository Writing,Grammar and Communication, College Algebra, IT Concepts. The question is, "Do I like it or Do I love it?" The answer is I don't like it or love it. To tell you the truth, I don't like English subjects, even back then when I was in High school. I was suffering inside when I knew about my subject for the first term. 

At first, I didn't like it at all, especially public speaking. To speak in front of an audience or group of people, it's was my greatest weakness. Every time I would deliver a speech in front, I get so nervous and my stomach starts to hurt. Every week I worry about what will happen in my public speaking class. My heart would beat like a drum every time its public speaking class. I was suffering inside. After several weeks, I kind of adjusted myself to speaking in front, but not improved in it. I've come to learn that this class sole purpose is to train us for the better. Helping us improve in speaking so that when we graduate, we won't be left out in the industry. Now, I don't hate public speaking, but if you asked me to do attend another public speaking class next term, I would DECLINE the offer.

As for the other subjects, I didn't have any trouble at it. Technical and Expository writing isn't hard at all. Grammar and Communication is also fine for me. I can't wait for this term to end. No hate please.

No comments:

Post a Comment